Priority Country Programme
The Priority Country Programme aims to promote the exchange of students between the community of Flanders and the following priority countries: Brazil, Chile, Japan, Mexico, Morocco, Russia, South Africa, Turkey and the United States of America.
Students may apply to the programme for an outgoing mobility, but exchange through a duo project is also possible.
Students from all disciplines may apply for the scholarship.
Student mobilities to the following destination countries are eligible:
- United States of America;
- South Africa.
The total scholarship consists of:
- a scholarship amount of €650 per month, with a maximum amount of € 2 600 total;
- an amount for travel costs, depending on the distance between Belgium and the host institution;
- students from underrepresented groups (link koppelen naar pagina ondervertegenwoordigde groepen) will receive €200 per month in addition to the scholarship amount.
- The duration of the mobility is minimum one month and maximum one year.
- For Turkey, an internship has to be for at least one month and a study exchange for no more than two months.
Application and selection procedure
Step 1: Apply through the coordinator at your home institution’s international office.
Step 2: The selection will be made by your home institution.
Step 3: Your home institution will submit your application to the Flemish Higher Education Council (VLUHR).
Step 4: A qualified board of jury members will perform an external selection based on:
- motivation letter;
- transcript of records;
- letter of recommendation from a professor or teacher;
- learning/training agreement.